Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Classic Movie Lines


I love A Few Good Men. Here's the Jack Nicholson rant from the end of the movie. Go on - do your best Jack voice and have a go at it!

You coerced the doctor! Colonel Jessep, did you order the Code Red?

You don't have to answer that.

You want answers!

I want the truth!

You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world with walls that must be guarded. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have more responsibility than you can fathom. You weep for Santiago and curse the Marines. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. Santiago's death, while tragic, saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque to you, saves lives! But deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. They're the backbone of our lives. You use them as a punchline! I haven't the time or inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the very blanket of freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I'd rather you just said, "thank you" and go on your way, or pick up a gun and stand a post. Either way I don't care what you think you are entitled to!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

greatness!!!