Wednesday, May 04, 2005

I'm baaack!

Well folks, I have not gone away. It's been so long since I've updated this blog, but I'm going to be more disciplined from now on, oh, and not so politically motivated. I'm glad Bush won the election, but I'm also glad we have a two-term limit. When Bush clears out in 2009 I'll be very relieved. I'm a cautious Bush supporter, not a Bush boot licker (like Sean Hannity)!

I got the preaching job at Baker Heights. September to January was the hardest 5 months of my life - being the youth minister and preaching minister at the same time, going through the selection "process," and handling some severe criticism at the same time. Anyway, Mike Tackett and I are now the "co-evangelists." We really work well together, but more on this later.

Last week I did a sermon on the Lord's Supper. It was tough! Wrestling with the text (1st Cor.11) is something the congregation doesn't see. I lay awake on Saturday night trying to figure out a way to communicate the full measure of the term "incarnation" - that God became flesh in the person of Jesus, that Jesus lives in common bread and wine ("this is my body"), and that he still lives in common people - the church is the "body of Christ. It's so symmetrical. It blows the mind!

No comments: