Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I Am Addicted to Speed


Here's a quote from Lance Armstrong's book, "It's Not About the Bike" that I really relate to. This stirs my blood!
"I want to die at a hundred years old with an American flag on my back and the star of Texas on my helmet, after screaming down a descent on a bicycle at 75 miles per hour. I don't do anything slow, not even breathe. I do everything at a fast cadence: eat fast, sleep fast, drive fast, talk fast. It makes me crazy when my wife drives our car because she brakes at all the yellow lights while I squirm impatiently in the passenger seat."

2 comments:

Helen said...

Sometimes you just have to slow down and enjoy what God gives us....except in sermons,talk fast and get on with the fellowship LOL :)We had no clue what you were saying anyways.....I am just kidding with you.

Charles North said...

Ha, Ha. When I slow down I get a lot of "what's wrong" questions from people.